The remit of the Pharmacy Subcommittee comprises the following responsibilities:
- To support the availability of safe and high-quality homeopathic medicines.
- To stimulate the use of homeopathic treatment by supporting actions from practitioners, pharmacists and patient organisations.
- To promote a harmonised system of nomenclature for homeopathic medicines in order to ensure that there is no confusion over the source material throughout Europe.
- To maintain a consultative function on newly-issued pharmacopoeia monographs and legislative documents affecting the availability of homeopathic medicines across Europe.
- To review the documents for public consultation of HMPWG (Homeopathic Medicinal Product Working Group), e.g. concerning First Safe Dilutions (FSD) and homeopathic use.
- To analyse the elements contributing to the pharmaceutical quality of homeopathic medicines, which should lead to proposals for specific Good Homeopathic Pharmaceutical Practice, and to raise awareness about the importance of the “starting materials”.
- To raise the standards of homeopathic pharmacy practice by encouraging the development of appropriate harmonised training programmes for pharmacists and support staff across Europe.
The ECH European Guidelines for the Training of Homeopathic Pharmacists and ECH European Diploma in Homeopathic Pharmacy provide a framework of requirements for training in homeopathic pharmacy.
Quality assurance is an important part of the Pharmacy Subcommittee’s work and is central to the accreditation of ECH Teaching Centres.
If you have questions or suggestions or would like further information about ECH, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Subcommittee meets twice a year, as part of regular ECH meetings with other Subcommittees. If you are interested in joining our Subcommittee, please contact the Coordinator who can arrange a preliminary visit to one of our sessions.
As Coordinator of the ECH Pharmacy Subcommittee, I lead a highly-motivated team working together for a better future for homeopathic pharmacy.