The ECH represents all medical doctors specialized in homeopathy, organized in 40 associations in 25 European countries. It is aimed at
- promoting the scientific development of homeopathy;
- ensuring high standards in the education, training and practice of homeopathy by medical doctors;
- harmonising professional standards in homeopathic practice across Europe;
- providing high-quality homeopathic care in a medical context;
- integrating high-quality homeopathy into European healthcare.
The ECH has several subcommittees involving delegates from affiliated associations and teaching centres as well as other professionals such as researchers, documentalists and pharmacists whose expert input helps to enhance the scientific basis of homeopathy.
The ECH is directed by the Council that is elected by the General Assembly for four years. The Officers are elected from the Council members also for a period of four years.